Did you know?!
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are sparked every year by clothes dryers. Click here for article
Most people don’t know this, but their homes could be in real danger. If you have owned a dryer for over 6 months and haven’t cleaned out the dryer vent, then there is a chance that your clothes dryer could catch fire. Dryer lint gets stuck inside the machine and reducing the ability to disperse heat and exhaust gases. Therefore, leading to the machine heating up and causing combustion.
Read the signs it’s time to clean your vent:
- Clothing does not dry completely after a normal drying cycle.
- Drying time for clothing takes longer than 35 to 40 minutes in duration.
- A musty odor is noticed in the clothing following the drying cycle.
- Clothing seems unusually hot to the touch after a complete drying cycle.
- The dryer vent hood flap does not properly open as it is designed to do during the operation of the dryer.
- Debris is noticed within the outside dryer vent opening.
- Excessive heat is noticed within the room in which the dryer is being operated.
- Large amounts of lint accumulate in the lint trap for the dryer during operation.
- A visible sign of lint and debris is noticed around the lint filter for the dryer.
- Excessive odor is noticed from dryer sheets that are used during the drying cycle.
We recommend that you leave this job to a professional! This is a dirty and potentially dangerous chore.
Appliance Oasis can Help!
We do a thorough inspection and cleaning of dryer and dryer ducting ventilation system.
Starting from only $99.95 (Basic Cleaning)